Sunday, August 23, 2015

Why having a gratitude journal will change your life



When you're out, do you notice things that make you grateful or thankful? Since moving to Canada in 2011, I've made a conscious effort to live in the moment. It was something that I had really never done. I was very concerned with advancing my career, and because of the thrill of that chase, I really never took time to appreciate what was around me.

I lived at the beach basically for over six years - between San Diego and Tampa, I lived where people go to vacation. I didn't really appreciate that beauty until I was gone. I didn't appreciate that I could go to the beach and clear my mind whenever I wanted.

Fast forward to today. A friend of mine inspired me to start a gratitude journal, and even though I'm only a few entries in, I can tell that it's life changing. A gratitude journal is a great way to keep yourself in a thankful and positive state of mind.If you can write down things you're grateful for a few times per week, it's ideal.

A photo posted by Melissa Bunting (@melissabuntcake) on

Studies say keeping a journal like this has many positive health benefits - including better sleep, decreased anxiety and depression, fewer symptoms of illness, and it's a good way to get through the difficulties of life.

Nothing is too big or too small. For instance, my hubby and I celebrated our friend's birthday last night and I enjoyed a delicious cider. I don't have them often and it made me happy. It added to my experience out with friends and for that I am grateful. I came across this list of how to get into a grateful mindset.

Give it a try and see how it changes your life. Going back and reading entries in your journal is a lot of fun :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...